After Twitter discovered the bug, it set everyone's follow/follower count to 0.
Follow count display is set to 0 and follow/unfollow is temporarily offline while we fix a bug.
Shortly thereafter, Twitter fixed the problem.
Follow bug discovered, remedied. Read our status blog for details. http://bit.ly/dhQ3fF
But not before the Twitterdom declared the end of times. Here are but some examples:
* Trentonian columnist Jeff Edelstein decided to use one social network to talk about the other.
* Social Media guru (and Journal Register Company advisory board member) Jeff Jarvis had a moment of maturity.
You mean no one is following me right now? I can do anything? OK: Fart.
* Teen sensation Justin Bieber put his army into motion.
hackers i send a warning...u have now pissed off over 2 million teenage girls. They are more dangerous than Navy Seals.
* Conan O'Brien thinks of the future, probably IN THE YEAR 2000!
Twitter exploded today! I guess my dream of a world where Twitter runs our stock market, phones, and nuclear defense is still a ways off.
* Ashton Kutcher was happy.
twitter is being hacked by some turkish hacker. haha I have 0 followers.
* Tom Fletcher of McFly was sad.
I have no followers...It's the end of the world! I'm alone and miserable again. HELLO...hello...hello (echoes through the empty void)
* Wired Magazine freaked out.
Twitter.com says everybody has 0 followers and is following 0 people. Twitpocalypse!
* P. Diddy decided to use his magical powers to solve the problem.
I will use my magical powers to fix this! Never fear @iamdiddy is here! HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY! Nothing nor no one can keep us apart!:)