Friday, February 27, 2015

A gold and white and blue and black hot take of sameness

The sky at Wilcox Park in Dutchess County: Gold and white or black and blue?
The cycles are the same. The sites become the same. The hot takes become the same. The hot takes deriding the hot takes become the same. And there's no going back. So let's get the llama drama and the dress and what it means for journalism out of the way. Farewell, ~content~, we hardly knew ye.

Run away while you can.


Or not. Because it's OK. It's allowed: So save this for when it happens again:



Factoid Epilogue:


Everybody gets one free net neutrality, so let's watch "House of Cards" even though "Binge viewers get the government they deserve"?

I know that sentence probably makes no sense. I'm sorry, Beck. 

Some things I saw that I probably should not share: "Barney with Attitute";  Murderous llamas with hats; A senator throwing a snowball; this dog:



The Four:

* SUNY New Paltz is staging a Euripides tragedy. It's not about dresses or llamas.
* Bard College's SummerScape festival will focus on "Chavez and his World" and that world is not about you-know-what.
* The historic preservation of the city of Kingston has nothing to do with llamas, but I could not forgive myself if I didn't mention that there are llamas (and alpacas!) at the Forsyth Nature Center.
"You just bought yourself a suspension from the forum. That happens every time someone suggests in any way that someone perform an anatomically impossible act." *slow clap Citizen Kane gif* 

One cat:



Yesterday's Internet, Today! starts with a Google Glass photo and perhaps a story behind it. Then it gives you the links I found interesting the day before or in the morning. You also get four stories trending (that are not depressing) from the Freeman while I was writing this this. AND! You also get a cat. 
I also want to publicly apologize to Bruno Mars.