Yours truly is not immune. I had at least two unintended misspellings when I first filed the story.
Here are some links:
* "Mr. Quayle's 'e' for Effort " -- New York Times, June 17, 1992.
* Westlake High typo a good 'educaiton' -- Cleveland Plain Dealer, June 6, 2008
* Earlier this year, I mentioned the site http://www.icanhascheezburger.com/, which has a nice collection of lolcats, like the one created for the online version of the column:
* In April, http://www.icanhascheezburger.com/ was looking for a writer.
* There's not much I can do to introduce what follows other than to invoke comedian Bill Engvall. Here's your sign:
* A May 8, 1996, Chicago Sun Times story said officials blamed the wind for the typo.
* The White House has a transcript of the Correspondent's dinner in which President Bush "explained" his "is our children learning?"
* The American Dialect Society picked "subprime" as the word of the year for 2007.
* And the society's "dude from Hyde Park" is lexicographer and author David K Barnhart.