Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A new era

Yes, sir! We're blogging now.

One of the basic principles in journalism is to never write "I," unless you are doing "gonzo" (as in the writings of the late Hunter S. Thompson, not the recent nickname for U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales).

Yet, after I was given the opportunity to write for this little space in this eclectic, evolving and exciting medium, I could not let this opportunity go.

I'll be writing about life in the Hudson Valley (as in, "Why I am writing this when it's 80 degrees Fahrenheit outside?") and about your life, questions and concerns, if you allow me the courtesy.

I'll be posting small bits about events in the area and in cyberspace, complete with the what, who, when, where and why you've come to expect from us.
Remember, this space also is yours, giving you the opportunity to open a dialogue about our lives (you live it, I edit it) and a little window into our newsroom.

Let's have some fun.