Rifton-based company Big Guy Media Inc. will launch a new website, YourBGM.tv, "to deliver high-quality, entertaining TV shows exclusively showcasing the Hudson Valley" on Jan. 21.
The network will launch with five core original shows:
* Good To Go: In Good To Go, host Brittany Oat will explore all of the great places in the Hudson Valley where you can get a quick bite to eat, including cafes, delis, and hot dog stands.
* Just A Minute Joe: Lucky, the host of Just A Minute Joe, shows you where to you can get a great cup of coffee . . . all within a minute.
* 48 Hour Design: 48 Hour Design, with designer Laura Angelini, will take you into the lives and homes of area residents as their living spaces are made over in just 48 hours with some help from their friends.
* Paranormal Valley: Crawl inside the minds of real-life ghost-hunters as they work in teams to track down and investigate reported hauntings in the Hudson Valley.
* Signature Dish: Join our host Dylan Kennedy and learn how to cook your favorite dish from your favorite restaurant.
The programming aims to show the world “the good stuff the Hudson Valley is producing,” according to Felix Olivieri, owner and executive producer. “Public access channels on TV are rooted in a good idea because they focus on the local community," he said in a prepared statement. "The team at Big Guy Media had the idea to adopt the public access vision and take it to the next level for people who want fresh, up-to-the-minute information about activities and trends happening in their lives and around them. The fastest and most effective way to do this is through the Internet.”
The YourBGM.tv launch party will take place on Jan. 21 at 8 p.m. at Keegan Ales, 20 St. James St., Kingston.
Because, you know, beer.