Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Of Ribs and Men (and Women)
Lissa Harris, our friendly neighbor at the Watershed Post website, decided to tackle the most important issue of the day today with a massive takedown of our Hudson Valley Rib Fest story, written by Paula Ann Mitchell.
The tongue-in-cheek post about the tongue-in-cheek article raises some important questions:
* What is the Watershed Post?
* What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
* Would Harris like to get into a rib-eating contest with snarky Life Editor?
* Would Harris pay for the ribs in such a contest? (I'm kind of broke)
* Do you have a quarter I can borrow?
* Most importantly, how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
We may never know.
But, alas, point well taken.
So as penance, I'm putting Paula in a diet of ribs injected with cheese, barbecue sauce and granola. No pudding.
Also, thanks for reading.