.PNG">

Blogs > Ivan Lajara

Daily Freeman Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about journalism, living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Slim pickings

Merry Time After Christmas But Before New Year With An Awkward Weekend In The Middle!

I was not quite online yesterday because a large man trespassed into my home and ate my cookies and drank my milk and littered the whole place. I heard it was a spree, too, and it happened even though NORAD was chasing him. 

Do you feel like writing a funny caption? Of course you don't. 

Did you watch 'The Interview'? I didn't, but I watched this cheaply looking remake of the Star Wars trailer, for free. Freedom wins.

Do you like predictions? Doesn't matter, here's another one: Most things you'll see online from now until the new year will be year-end listicles and, uh, predictions, because everyone's light on copy. Prediction 2: The upcoming New Year's Eve party in Downtown Kingston is only going to get bigger.

Kind-of UPDATE: I ran into this the other day but I forgot and then the awesome ladies at the Watershed Post reminded me that yet another publication has chosen the Catskills as a place to go but instead of saying stuff about 'hipsters,' they used 'hicksters.'

I said my piece.  But also, stop trying to make 'hicksters' happen. It's not going to happen.

One cat (photoshopped in 5 places in Downtown Kingston):


One Google Glass photo:


Yesterday's Internet, Today! is a quasi-feature in which I throw in a bunch of links I tweeted, faved or saw the day before or in the morning.  I also post a cat and a Google Glass photo. This tagline keeps changing because I don't know what I'm doing.

Labels: , , , ,

blog comments powered by Disqus