Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What does it mean?

A double rainbow outside the Freeman building in May of last year
I once had a conversation with Ulster County Executive Mike Hein and tried to include as many 'double rainbow' quotes as I could while on the phone. I'm reminded of that ever time I get to see a double rainbow, which hasn't happened in a while.
I guess that's why we have photos, to remind us of the time when we wasted other people's times.
It's so beautiful.

***
Louis CK stopped by Jimmy Fallon's "Tonight Show" on Tuesday and they talked about what was Bananas in Poughkeepsie, where Fallon started (he graduated from Saugerties High School, etc., etc.) and every time Louie said "Poughkeepsie, New York" it sounded like he didn't even want to say it. And it was fun. All the way.




It reminded me when Lewis Black was talking to Jimmy Fallon about Poughkeepsie. And Kingston.  So intense.

Today was #dfmchat day and the topic was how local news organizations can grow and serve their audiences. Once again, we were joined by a number of journalism students from around the country and I have no idea how this is being spread. But, high five emoji to the students, because their gif game is strong:



I could teach you. But I'd have to charge.

Social media update: I parked dailyfreeman on Snapchat and Melissa says people are going to send me penises. Melissa also said this.  It's too much.

***
The Four:
* New York City to Catskills train people: NOPE. 
* The Kingston sinkhole is so big, Sen. Chuck Schumer paid a visit.
* The phrase, ‘mom, you wouldn’t believe what we saw at school today' can swing both ways.

One cat: Serving his audience.


Yesterday's Internet, Today! is bananas. If you subscribe, you get it in your inbox for freesies.