.PNG">

Blogs > Ivan Lajara

Daily Freeman Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about journalism, living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And the image?

For those wondering the source of the image from "I'm sorry If I have offended your stupidity":

The editorial cartoon was published in April of 1912 by the conservative British humor magazine Punch.

Here's the original:



It was a serious dedication of the "brave men" lost in the Titanic tragedy (sorry ladies, you don't count), so the way I used it might touch on some sensibilities.

If I was a crass person, I would say that I'm sorry if my words and images have offended you.

The thing is, I'm not sorry and I hope you get offended and won't take any non-apologies or non-statements seriously, especially from guys who make statements like those below this post.
blog comments powered by Disqus