- Make financial donations to the International Relief Fund by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS (800-257-7575--Spanish language line) or online at www.redcross.org. The Ulster County Chapter is also accepting donor designated dollars and will steward those funds to the International Relief Fund.
- Donors may also text "HAITI" to "90999" and a donation of $10 will be given to the American Red Cross to help with relief efforts. This donation will be added to the mobile phone user's next cell phone bill or deducted from their pre-paid plan balance.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE PUBLIC:
- At this time, the American Red Cross has not been asked to provide blood products to Haiti. Those looking to donate blood are encouraged to do so by making an appointment with 1-800-RED-CROSS or online at www.redcrossblood.org, but should be aware that blood will be used for domestic disaster relief efforts. If the Haitian Red Cross indicates a need for blood supplies, the American Red Cross will respond to any request based on availability.
- The American Red Cross cannot accept individual donations of blankets, food, clothing or other material items.
- Those concerned about people travelling abroad or living in Haiti should contact the U.S. State Department at 1-888-407-4747 for assistance. The American Red Cross Safe & Well website does not apply to international disasters.