Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Formspring soup for the soul


For Wednesday's column, I decided to write about Fromspring.me - the up-and-coming social networking site that's all the rage with teenagers - according to The New York Times. So I set up an account and Tweeted about it to see what happens.

If clicking on links proves too difficult, there's a box on the right hand bar of this blog. Feel free to ask me any questions.

What follows is my first day of questions and answers:

Questions Answered


Why don't you like formspring.me?

I actually think it could work - especially to crowd-source, if I ever figure out what that means.

But since the question assumes that I don't like it, I'll let the New York Times' readers answer:

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/www.nytimes.com/2010/05/06/us/06formspring.html

42 minutes ago


Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

Arrested, in Arizona.

1 hour ago




I checked the fridge. No dice, just ice. Where are my keys??????????????

Next to your memory.

31 minutes ago



Is there any subject that you, personally, feel is off limits for humor? How about for journalism in general? Is there any story that shouldn't be told (or joked about)?

If one is creative enough, there's always a way to make things funny. But, generally, I try to stay away from anything regarding dead kittens. I'm told they're not funny. At all.

In journalism, however, nothing should be off limits. A story is a story is a story. If it's news, it must be covered.

Great question, by the way.

32 minutes ago


How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?

Three, if you are an owl

47 minutes ago


Is it ever socially acceptable to spit on people?

Only if they ask if it's ever socially acceptable to spit on people.

49 minutes ago


Where are my keys?

In the fridge

49 minutes ago


I didn't get my newspaper this morning. It's supposed to be delivered to me every morning. What recourse do I have? Will the Daily Freeman fire the louse responsible?

Call circulation at (845) 331-5000. Tell them I sent you and I bite.

51 minutes ago


Why is there an invisible 'r' in the word 'sherbet'? So, that when you say 'sherbet', you actually pronounce it 'sherbert'? I realize this isn't so much about you, but I really need an answer on this.

Ask Stephen Colbert

1 hour ago


What do you do for a living?

I get paid to afflict the afflicted and to comfort the conflicted, or something like that.

1 hour ago


Who let the digs out Ivan? Seriously. by MikeVaz

No comprendo tu pregunta, muchacho.

1 hour ago


How would you describe your style?

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Sidney Schanberg once called it "quirky," but I don't think he meant that as a compliment.

1 hour ago


What's the worst show on TV?

The one reality show where people dance or sing or model or do anything and then they get berated by a judge and kicked off the show.

3 hours ago


Chocolate or Vanilla?

Beer

3 hours ago


If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?

Formspring.me, without a doubt.

3 hours ago