.PNG">

Blogs > Ivan Lajara

Daily Freeman Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about journalism, living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Obama the comedian


Highlights of President Barack Obama's speech from Saturday's White House Correspondents' Association dinner:

* "Good evening. Pause for laughter."

* ā€œIā€™m Barack Obama. Most of you covered me. All of you voted for me.ā€

* "Sasha and Malia aren't here tonight because they're grounded. You can't just take Air Force One on a joyride to Manhattan. I don't care whose kids you are."

* About White House Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel: "He's not used to saying the word 'day' after 'mother.'"

* About chairman of Republican National Committee: "Michael Steele is in the house tonight. Or as he would say, 'In the heezy.' What's up?"

* "Michael for the last time, the Republican Party does not qualify for a bailout. Rush Limbaugh does not count as a troubled asset, I'm sorry."

* About former vice president Dick Cheney, who's writing a memoir "tentatively titled, 'How to Shoot Friends and Interrogate People.'"


* About former rival and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton: "These days, we could not be closer. In fact the second she got back from Mexico, she pulled me into a hug and gave me a big kiss, told me I better get down there myself."

There are plenty more:




The Twitter hash tags are #WHCD, #WHCA and, more appropriately, #nerdprom.

Labels: ,

blog comments powered by Disqus